All kinds of misc. Tiny Project progress

The past couple weeks have been a lot of things: delays and switching gears, mainly. I’m still waiting on my roofing and siding to arrive, so in the meantime I’ve been doing everything I can to get the house ready for siding. I’ve also had to focus much of my attention inside the house as I wait to finish up the exterior. Here are some of the things accomplished recently.

I built all of the interior walls (except for one part that will need to be removable for laundry machine servicing). This included some funky construction to allow wall space for a bathroom barn-style door (thought that was easier than a pocket door).

Bathroom walls

Bathroom walls

More walls

More walls

I’ve also got some more rough electrical done. Installed some boxed and double-checked that all my wiring through the floor still makes sense.

On the exterior, you may notice a lot of new little things:

  • I cut out holes for water and power input, then trimmed those out.
  • I installed the bathroom exhaust fan, and propane water heather exhaust, and flashed those openings.
  • I installed vertical furring strips for my rainscreen siding system — including screen material folded over the bottom to keep bugs out.
Bug screen

Bug screen

furring strips

furring strips

more furring strips

more furring strips

still more...

still more…

holes cut

holes cut

trim components

trim components

applying stain

applying stain

trimmed out and ready to go!

trimmed out and ready to go!

hole for propane on-demand water heater exhaust/intake

hole for propane on-demand water heater exhaust/intake

exhaust fan

exhaust fan


Author: Alek Lisefski