Trailer is finished: boards removed
Last week I once again inched closer to beginning construction. On Friday I picked up my finished trailer! Now she's been painted, and wiring, lights, decals and pinstripes have been added. She's currently resting at home, awaiting for my interior build space to be ready.
The next morning, after picking her up, I removed most of the boards from the trailer deck, as they won't be needed, and will just add extra weight to the finished house. I left a few to bolt into to attach the sub floor to the trailer from the bottom. Those left will also support the weight of the floor, so the framing really doesn't need to span more than a foot or two at any point. I can use the lumber I removed for headers over the fenders, and if planed down, possibly for deck/porch framing. Nothing goes to waste if possible.
Here are pictures with the boards removed, plus the details of the 3 foot extension added to the back, and the 8 brackets added on each side.
Once I get this beautiful trailer situated in my inside warehouse space early next week, the next step is the level her perfectly, so I can begin framing the sub floor.
As for Sunday plans, I need to contact a few local plumbers and electricians to find someone affordable and available to get started next week, once I have the sub floor framing in place. (I'll have drain pipes, plus some other plumbing, electrical and propane within the floor, to keep wall space free for better, uninterrupted insulation).