New Book! - Tiny House Parking: How to Find Land for Your Tiny House
No doubt, you’ve heard about someone being forced to move from their tiny house due to complaints by neighbors, zoning issues, or conflicts with landlords.
The good news is that these kinds of issues can be minimized by finding the right piece of land for your tiny house. Whether you rent land, buy it, or trade your time or services, you need to lay out your exact requirements so you’ll know exactly the right space when you see it.
Ethan Waldman's great new kindle book, Tiny House Parking will help you navigate the confusing legal landscape that surrounds tiny houses so you can find exactly the right place for your tiny home.
Some questions and answers include:
- Where can I put a tiny house?
- Where can I legally build a tiny house in my jurisdiction?
- Will it be legal to live in my tiny house?
- How do I find landowners willing to let me rent a place for my tiny house?
- How do I avoid brushes with the law or local authorities?
You'll also get a crash course in zoning basics so that you know how to find your town’s zoning bylaws and make important decisions about your tiny house.
- Information about the legality of different types of tiny houses.
- Advice how to deal with the law (if you have to).
- Exact requirements of what you’ll need on the land where you live.
- General strategies (and a huge list of resources) for finding exactly the right place.
Finally, Tiny House Parking features extensive interviews (me included!) with three other tiny house dwellers so you can learn exactly how they went about finding land. These tiny house parking stories are followed by a list of tiny-friendly cities, and details about the tiny house movement in other countries.
I truly believe Tiny House Parking is the best resource to help find the right home for your tiny house! I'm not getting any money for special favors for saying this: it really is a must-have if you need to learn more about how to park a tiny house!
Here’s what others are saying:
“For those willing to go the tiny mile, Ethan’s well-written book, Tiny House Parking, gives one the tools (and hope) to jump in and navigate how to park their wonderfully crafted tiny home by knowing the risks involved and how to deal with them sanely.” - Val Stilwell
“Tiny House Parking is a great guide, partly because of what it says, and partly because of what it doesn't… This book is full of sensible advice on how to find out what the laws are in your town and how to decide when to fly under the radar.” - Kristin Noreen