May 14-15, 2016 in Portland, Oregon
Ready to start your tiny house journey?
PAD Tiny House’s two-day Tiny House Basics Workshop is comprehensive but entry-level, introducing you to the unique design and building principles that apply to a house on wheels. With a mix of classroom-style learning and a tour of real tiny houses at the Caravan Tiny House Hotel, they address:
- Case studies of tiny houses and pocket neighborhoods.
- Cultivating home—the place and the people who make community.
- Navigating codes, insurance, and regulations.
- Tiny house building basics, including how to properly anchor a stick-built structure to a trailer.
- Tiny house building science, including moisture control, ventilation, heating and cooling.
- Tiny house systems, including electrical, gas and water systems.
Tiny house designer, builder and pioneer Dee Williams teaches PAD’s workshops with an emphasis not just on the nuts and bolts of construction, but with introspection and heart about building your right life, as well. Dee will only be leading two workshops this year – one in May and one in November – so if you want to take the workshop participants call, “Incredibly informative, fascinating, and inspiring,” act now! Save $25 when you register early, or save $50 per person when you sign up early with a friend!
You may also enjoy:
Author: Alek Lisefski